Lorenzo is truly one of the key figures in modern surf music as well as one of the top touring artists for the genre. Participating to any world surf music event as artist or organizer, Surfer Joe has collected an experience of thousands of concerts since the late 90s. Constantly on tour worldwide, Lorenzo had the honor to play on guitar or drums with several surf legends and to share the stage with many surf bands.
The music of Surfer Joe
Reverb, high rhythms and great energy! It is a concert that looks back to the origins of the genre, but shows its evolution and variety, going from the heavy Dick Dale sound to lounge and progressive atmospheres, always keeping an eye on the melody and the quality of the arrangements.
- Co-organizer of the yearly Surfer Joe Summer Festival, the most important, prestigious and awaited surf music event in then world.
- One of the headliners of the Surf-O-Rama in Spain and the North Sea Surf Festival in Holland.
- Within the first supporters and DJs of North Sea Surf Radio.
- Mentioned or interviewed in movies like Reverb Junkies and Sound Of The Surf or in books about surf music’s history like Surf Beat by Kent Crowley or the scientific paper Surfing About Music by Tim Cooley.
- Some of his music, like the album SEÑOR SURF (2013), is considered among the best modern surf music.
- Co-owner of the only restaurant, tiki bar and music venue dedicated to surf music, the Surfer Joe Diner, which periodically hosts concerts and international events.